Bridge Burning 101

First off, let me just begin with a little disclaimer about my previous post so you won't think I'm a total ghoul. My little horror fiction fantasy sequence described in it was written before the recent goings on in Texas and here in Orlando. It's a total coincidence that those horrible incidents of workplace violence occurred right around the same time as my little story. It's kinda spooky weird, actually.

That said, now on to this post, which has some connection to the prior one in that today I have to report that I've decided how to deal with the work stresses I've been dealing with.

Yes, that's right, I'm basically "embarqing" again.

Only twist is, I'm gonna make them pull the trigger. (Or string up the noose as in the picture above. Whichever metaphor floats your boat.)

Despite my discussion with Laura on Thursday regarding that supposedly "bad call" and my poor attendance, I called out yet again. Not just one day but two days in a row.

I'm planning on showing up Tuesday morning and hopefully, finally, I'll be fired on the spot. I mean they gotta, right? I'm over all this "all talk and no action" bull.

I'm told I'd qualify for unemployment that way rather than doing what I usually do and just never showing up again. We know from earlier this spring that won't get me some State supplied tit milk.

Contemplating the nomad life again, too.

I look around this place, and since it's so small it takes just a second to do so, and I wonder, "Why pay for this each month?" I sized it up and my hideaway pull-down bunk bed is no bigger than the backseat of my car. I'm gonna try it tonight to see if it actually might even be more comfortable in my car.

I can sell Mildred and the remnant parts of her predecessor sitting in the closet and replace her with a nice, new laptop.

There are tons of blogs that tell how to live a boondocking lifestyle, and do it comfortably and safely. Even in a car.

I mean, why shouldn't I? I figure when you've burned as many bridges as I have, you may as well keep on the move. Otherwise you're likely to burn that last bridge and trap yourself on some lost island and never be heard from again.