All Hail The New Co-Queen!

All the stars lined up in a row the night before last:

The sale price was fantastic, almost too good to believe...

I had the available funds, including $100 in free gift cards...

I'd thought about it for a while now, so I felt the time was right (despite other events)...

I knew that having a new toy to play with would help relax me and keep me focused in the trying times ahead...

So I took the leap and for the first time since the mid-90s, I bought a new computer to accompany my existing one. That is, it's not a replacement due to failure or obsolescence of the previous model, it's simply just another computer.

What's more, it's my first laptop.

Yes, dearies, Mildred XII has arrived!

She's a super-slick looking Toshiba Satellite, totally brand-new and loaded with Windows 7. Though she's superior in power, speed and capabilities to Mildred XI, she'll reign side-by-side with her predecessor...at least for now.

I still have a few things to get to make my desk a total command center, like a wireless router since as it is now I have to unplug the network cable from the desktop and plug it into the laptop for Internet access. I'm picking up occasional wi-fi signals but I was told that I should be wary to access those unless I know the source since they might be dangerous as they expose me to threats, but then I think, "In my neighborhood?". That'd be like reverse Robin Hood. The rich stealing from the poor. (Now thinking about Chase policies towards its customers...) Oh that's right, I better stay off those feeds!

And speaking of Chase, did I happen to mention that I got fired yesterday?

Yup. Here we go again kiddies!