Eh, What's Up Doc?

Moment of truth time again yesterday as I met with the PA at my new doctor's office. They had a much more extensive pre-screening questionnaire when compared to the relatively few health questions from the previous doctor's office.

Some of the questions got me thinkin'...like what age my grandparents and other close family members died. Except for Memere, they were all in their 60's including my mom. Cause (in order that they died): Pneumonia, Cancer (and likely cirrhosis of the liver), Cancer, Stroke (I think, I'm not sure) and either stroke or heart failure as a result of complications due to phlebitis. The nitty gritty details weren't really discussed about the last two, being Memere and my mother. I should have asked more questions at the time.

It hits home the truth that despite my concerted and conscious effort over the years to distance myself from my family for an amalgam of complex and diverse reasons, it boils down to the simple fact that I am still liked to them inseparably by genetics. Their DNA is the most similar match to my own and genetically transmitted tendencies like diseases and other determination traits cannot be ignored. So, it dawns on me that based on the cold hard facts I am already genetically predisposed to an early death, and the myriad of life-shortening ailments, diseases and disorders I have developed throughout my 45 years of life have, probably, in my sober estimation, reduced my chances considerably of bucking this trend.

I figure I got about 10 to 15 more years. Max.

And that's only if I can halt my progression of obesity, hypertension and diabetes to current levels and no further. But it looks like the conditions of these disorders will march on unabated if the past few years bear any witness to the near future.

I put a conservative estimate at about 8 years. Less if alcoholism, depression or other destructive influences escalate suddenly as it may. According to many of my DUI education courses, I'm showing signs of being on the verge of all-out dependence on alcohol...late stage alcoholism in which I must drink in order to simply function throughout each day.

Perhaps I'll be able to work with this new doctor in establishing a strong rebuilding foundation with an insightful assessment of my immediate medical needs and the comprehensive reversal of dangerous patterns and an immediate adaptation of a new, healthier lifestyle including proper diet, exercise and mental well-being which in turn might inspire new interests, better job prospects due to new energy and motivation, new positive, supportive friends and even a rekindled love life. Perhaps I'll even meet my ultimate soulmate and we'll enjoy a long, healthy and happy life together.

Hmmm....

Or maybe I'll just end it right now by getting fucked up and ramming Nugget at 90-mph head-on into the grill of an oncoming tourist bus on I-4.

May as well make headlines and reduce the irritating number of tourists while I'm at it.

Th- Th- Th- Th- Th- That's All Folks!