Wow! Four Years Already

Time sure flies.

Today is the 4th anniversary of the start of this blog. Woo hoo!

If I may pat myself on the back...I don't see too many blogs that endure for such a stretch without either big lapses between posts or content shift to a new replacement blog.

People change over the years and the way they want to express their feelings change. It's understandable.

I occasionally click the "Next Blog" button on the top of most Blogger blogs (like up above on this one) and I've found it usually lands you on a freshly created blog.

It's fun to watch the evolution of personal blogs. So many times the author has no idea what to say, and they admit as much in their first few posts. But then they find their voice, or their muse, or their mot de guerre and run with it. Or they just give up and the blog sits on its little spot on the vast Google servers for an eternity, nevermore updated, perhaps nevermore read by anyone ever again. Like a forgotten ruin overgrown with copse and weeds over the eons.

I like to think that this blog will in someway be my legacy to the world. I don't know if a blog is eventually deleted after x amount of time of disuse like old time Geocities personal web pages...but that was back in the days of expensive and limited storage capacity on the service provider's servers. Now, I think, it's not so much an issue. I would expect that conceivably, the blog could stay viably on Google servers (or whatever Google becomes in the future) forever. Why not, right? In fact, it could be our century's Rosetta Stone for some far distant future descendants...or whatever other intelligent lifeforms inhabit this world then.

I can envision a team of archaeologists in what we would call the year 4529 uncovering the crumbled and buried remains of a 21st century office building in what was once Mountain View, California. Their digging reveals a long dead array of what once were known as servers. They determine this was once an important hub of a network of clunky machines known as computers. They find and are able to resurrect the binary information stored on the ridiculously obsolete devices once known as hard drives.

And there under the pale moonlight, on their portable device used for displaying archaic 2-dimensional computer graphics, some 2500 years from now, they read my post on this blog where I talk about my dream of being a fabulous drag queen.

I can't even imagine what their reaction would be:)