The Island Of Misfit Toys

Okay...remember when I posted about how my previous workplace felt like a Moonie-style cult? Well now I swear, with this new job, I'm on the mysterious Island of Misfit Toys.

Everybody here seems just a bit off. Not much...no outright loonies here (so far) just a little something that makes you go hmmmm.

I don't want to get into a full-out roast here...too early just yet. Like fine wine, that has to age a bit, but don't worry...when it comes it'll be oh so good, I promise. But suffice it to say that I haven't found one normal person yet. Except me, of course. Ha! NOT! As you should well know, I'm quite at home on the Island since I have more than a few issues of my own.

I don't know...perhaps it's this lunatic training schedule of 5pm to 2am wiggin' me out. Or the fact that some of my first impressions of some people in the class were initially positive, but have soured a bit as their true selves came out. Or maybe it's just that I'm naturally a cynical, negative bastard who always sees the worst in his fellow human being.

Will all this deter my ability to stick with this? Or, like my beloved Incredible Hulk rollercoaster, will I vainly think that "this time, it's gonna work", only to blast outta there like a bat outta hell? Only time will tell.

But then again, couldn't this be my opportunity to work on becoming King of the Misfits?