Wrists, Meet Mr. Razorblade...

Well, it's not really that bad, yet...

But boy, did I screw up again! (Cue the comical vaudevillian "fool" sound: "Wha wha wha whaaaaa!")

Well, it's mainly my fault, but I've had a run of some incredibly bad luck as well.

First and foremost, of course, was the decision to leave my job abruptly without so much as a single goodbye. Well, now I have no income and the last check I was issued from them is way lower than expected. I think they didn't pay me for the second week I was out sick because they didn't get the doctor's note (which I do have, I just didn't turn it in).

Then there's the three interviews I went on this week. One was to a former employer. Though the interviewer didn't know me, perhaps someone else there did and told her to say what she said. She barely got halfway through my resume when she noticed I worked there before. She halted the interview and told me that at this time they were handling rehires differently. I would be sent an email by Friday with an online application to complete. Needless to say, no email ever arrived.

The second was at a well-known large bank working in collections. I was hoping to at least get hired and complete the 6 week training, then I'd probably quit, but I didn't get the chance. Though I had an hour and a half interview and I thought I had the two interviewers eating out of the palm of my hand (they even seemed to buy the BS about the Grants thing I did in New Orleans as if it were a "good service", snick snick) but after the interview they left the room for a few minutes to confer and the "head" interviewer came back in and gave me the line about "well we have so many candidates and we look at all the qualifications then make our decision usually within 5 to 7 business days"...yada yada. But I could tell from her look that I didn't get it. Sure enough, an email later that day confirmed it.

Finally Friday morning I went to a pre-interview roundup at another telecom company, but the HR rep made no bones about the multi-levels of hurdles one would have to clear in order to even qualify for consideration for one of the 6 spots she had left (the room was filled with about 25 candidates). One hurdle is the intensive 3rd party background check into employment and residency over the past 7 years. Oh brother, wait 'till they get a load of me and my Koyaanisqatsi-inspired Florida/Louisiana bounce around. And it's variance with my rather embellished (re: somewhat fictional) resume. She even wanted all the gritty details about my 2 DUI's. They haven't gotten back to me yet but I would guess it'll be a "no".

And to add insult to injury today, there was a note placed under the wiperblade on my car from my landlord. He kindly requests a replacement check for February's rent since the original was destroyed in the wash. I thought he had forgotten about this and had "written it off" as a bonus (since he did forget about a check about a year ago). So now I'm dropped even lower in my available funds and have transfered some of the 401k money from savings into checking to survive through the month. I was kinda hoping to keep all that intact safely in savings. Not any more.

Needing, after all this, a friendly ear to lament to, I called Ric, finally, after 4 months. I left a voicemail message that spoke about reconciliation in tones of peace, forgiveness and humility.

That was 2 hours ago. I haven't heard from him yet.