The Good, The Bad And The Ugly

I got my rebate from the IRS. But lo and behold it was for about $200 more than I expected. They said I made an error in my computation. I thought that they had omitted the claim I made for the unemployment benefit money I received in '08 but it was actually the fact that they had reverse computed my tax obligations and payments through withholding over the past few years. Yes, that's right, the years I didn't file. Yikes, I thought, the gig is up. But get this, they figured when all is said and done that I paid them more than I owed so that's why I got more back in my refund. So I think I can breathe a sigh of relief. Maybe.

It doesn't shock me too much when I think about it because it is so quintessentially "me", but I went and done it again, folks. Yup, up and took an early lunch Monday after returning to work...and never went back. Life is too short for the anxiety and depression that accompanies an ill-fitting job. It's a fact now that I have to look into a new field. I just can't bear it anymore. I'm riding a little crest of savings and cashed-out 401k money. In that regards, I guess it's better to fund a few weeks of living expenses rather than see it get chewed up in this market.

My gout has finally entered the late, late phase. This flare-up has had more phases than the freakin' moon. Now it's pretty much pain-free, but both feet get seriously swollen just below the toes. It's some sort of fluid build up. I put my foot in a beam of sunlight coming through a slat in the ever-blinded shut windows and it worked like a poor-man's x-ray. I could see the veins amongst the puss-filled bulge that is the top of my foot.