Avast Ye Maties! Job Ho!

Ever wake up with a tune in your head and you find yourself humming it silently to yourself all day? Happens to me all the time. And, due to my wildly eclectic music tastes, it's like what Forrest's mama said about life and a box of chocolates...you never know what you're gonna get.

This morning it was Gwen Stephani's "Rich Girl". Though a total ripoff of the now-ancient number from "Fiddler on the Roof", I thought it was a great hip-hop interpretation of it and it's got a kick-ass beat. What's more, I find myself drooling with mouth agape when watching her video for this song...those sweaty pirate men be HOT, yo! Damn! Arrrrggh!

And as I hummed this tune, I started getting fidgety about my lack of "Rich Girl" status. The accounts are still robust but with only $275 a week in unemployment benefits coming in, I was starting to worry about money.

As I've said before, I don't need to be ultra-rich (though it'd definitely be nice) I just need not worry about money. I hate to even think about money. Even in the computer games I play, I hate the "challenge" of building resources and using them efficiently.

Well I finally got a call today that should alleviate my money woes somewhat. Though it certainly won't make me rich, it should be pretty close to what I was earning before my layoff. Not quite there, but close enough (I had gotten a promotion and two merit increases at Symantec after all).

Yup, that's right...

I got a job.

Woo hoo!

It's a tech support position for a major telecommunications company at one of their vast offices and it's pretty close by, only a 20-minute drive. I start the month-long training on Monday.

So I will soon be swabbin' the deck amongst the other rat race pirates, waking up to the sound of an alarm clock and pourin' that cup o' joe to get started on my day...hummin' a little ditty in my head, and hoping day-by-grueling-day, that at least, I won't have to walk the plank again anytime soon.