SPORE...What's That?

Ok, now that the election is over, I can get back to the really important stuff. Like what computer game is dominating my every free minute!

A few weeks ago, SPORE was my obsession. I even had my Creature Creator widget displayed on the right-hand side panel of this blog for a while to show off my many imaginary beings that I made with my own two hands.

Now, this week all that feel-good "let's help develop a simple species up into an advanced and utopian civilization" crap has been shoved aside so I can blow shit up with rocket launchers and mini-nukes!

At first, if you remember, my Fallout 3 experience wasn't going so well, since it was virtually unplayable with all the crashes. Well, a couple more sticks of RAM took care of that problem, baby! Mildred is Fallout-ified!

Oh how wonderful it is to again be roaming freely among the radioactive ruins of a parallel future McCarthy-esque America, ignoring pre-war cash for all-important bottlecaps, and layin' out anyone or anything that looks at me cross-eyed with a range of nefarious weapons. All to either the scratchy yet vexing tunes of syncopated early-to-mid-20th century pop music or a rousing little montage of Souza-esque patriotic marching songs.

Or, as I prefer, no music. I like to hear just the chilling sound of the post-apocalyptic wind blowing through the crumbled concrete and twisted steel wastes as my background ambiance. All the better to hear the slushing sound of a raider's throat being ripped apart by my well-placed V.A.T.S.-assisted .32-caliber round.

So, for now and perhaps the next few weeks at least, I banish thee, SPORE, to the CD-rack to sit and wait while Mildred and I abandon your lofty and uplifting spirit of ever-forward evolutionary progress for the dank, dirty bowels of the depressingly desperate remains of humanity's nightmarish insanity.