Han Solo and Hockey Mom Lookalikes, Hard Times For HHN, Catching Fallout Fever, and Other Issues of the Day

Scott is down from Indiana and I just got done having dinner and drinks with him and Ric at Uno's. You know, I've known Scott for years but tonight Ric said that 2 people at the airport agreed with Ric that he looked like a famous celebrity. Ric asked me if I could guess who they said he looked like. I didn't even need to look twice at Scott, I knew the answer, though I never realized it before. He looks like a younger version of Harrison Ford. Ric gave me a high five for getting it right but Scott bemusedly shunned any comparison according to him. Well, if 4 other people see it, it might be true.

Jill had a new pair of glasses on today and immediately everyone in the office noted how much she looked like Sarah Palin. It was eerie. Well, if Tina Fey can't do her anymore on SNL because of her "30 Rock" obligations, at least I know where Lorne Michaels could look for an understudy.

To do Halloween Horror Nights or not this year? That is the question. I want to and it really isn't that expensive when put into the context of how much you get out of it, but the times, they are a tough, you know?

"Fallout 3" will be available in five days. Luckily, a SmartGuys Computers outfit just opened a block or two away here in Lake Mary so if I need to upgrade Mildred, so be it.

Speaking of computer games, my SPORE fever has cooled a bit. Once you get to the Space Stage and build your Space Empire...it becomes a bit tedious. Plus, though I applaud the vastness of the game in terms of the number of available planets for you to colonize, I can see that unless you have absolutely NO life in the real world, you could never get anywhere near to conquering "the galaxy" because it's way too huge. (Though I bet some will achieve it after many months of game play. I eagerly await the YouTube videos showing a synopsis of their progress.)

I'm up to 317 now. Not good. But I'm planning on dropping Januvia and Zetia due to costs so I guess I better do the right thing and eat right, exercise, and reduce alcohol consumption. Oh brother! Why not just ask me to walk on water and raise the dead! Sheesh!

Wow, despite the credit crisis, one of my credit cards actually increased my credit limit without my request. It went up a whole $20! Woo Hoo!

God Bless America!