To 'Stache or Not to 'Stache?

A certain Mr. Phelps, about to yet again become the focus of billions of eyes over the next few weeks has decided to obviously emulate his also-infamous fore bearer in the sport, a certain Mr. Spitz.

But thems were different times, Michael. Having a 'stache in the early '70s was almost de rigueur for young men. It was considered studly and macho. But today, a moustache is usually, IMHO, sported by either Stud Farmers from West Virginia or Macho Leathermen from the Castro District of San Francisco.

And what's with the shaggy mullet, too?

Eh, to each his own, I say, but really Michael, you are a hottie who needs no redneck accoutrements to justify his manhood. You're all man in my book. Growwwwl.

When I was younger, the Olympics would get me inspired to start to take fitness more seriously. Oh, make no mistake about it, I was never fit enough to be anywhere near Olympic competitor quality, but, with effort, the younger version of me could get a muscle to grow and harden here and there.

Oh stop! Get your mind out of the gutter. I mean muscles like arms and legs and even my abs. Yes, once a long, long time ago I had abs.

So I think this year I'll try and let The Games inspire me to once again put greater effort into getting fit.

Who knows...maybe I'll even grow some facial hair in homage to my honey Mr. Phelps?

Groovy baby, yeah!