Warning! Coolant Level Dropping...

Banner: Everything looks good....I think...I think this time it's going to work-
Computer: Warning! Coolant Level Dropping...
Banner: NO!
Computer: Warning! Coolant Level Dropping...
Banner: NO!!!! Let Me out of here! (Screaming)



Third world locales notwithstanding, I hardly think in this day and age it would be too much to ask for a consistent, uninterrupted supply of electricity for one’s home.

Ugh! Again, this morning, just before I had to leave for work, the power went out in my house.

Last time, it was some car wreck elsewhere in Lake Mary which cut out power all along Lake Mary Blvd., the main drag in town…and the way to work. So it not only affected my house, but police had to man every intersection since all the traffic lights were out too. And during morning “rush hour”. (I was impressed with how quickly the police got to those intersections though. Power went out, 10 minutes later I had to drive to work, and the cops were already there, at each intersection along the 2 mile strip of LMB I had to drive. Wow.)

So this time, I listened on the car radio for any news of accidents…none. And the traffic lights…all working. Homes and businesses along the way seem also to have not been affected.

I hope it’s not my house alone. Like some kinda electrical issue like wiring or fuses. That sucks.

My landlord lives in the house right next door, but I haven’t seen him around lately. Not unusual, he’s hardly ever around. But what if he’s gone? And left without paying the electric bill?

I worry about the stupidest things.

The video clip is not the best one out there of the Hulk coaster, but it was one of the only ones I could find that included the recorded dialog at the start of the ride.

Great idea of the designers of this ride. What better way to build anxiety at the start of a rollercoaster ride than to have sirens blaring and a computer voice saying WARNING!...WARNING!

The Incredible Hulk ride was the first “big” rollercoaster I allowed myself to get on since Magic Mountain in California oh so many eons ago.

The link above will take you to the post in this blog that references that experience. I think I’ll start to do that more from now on, since, we’re coming up on the 3 year anniversary of this blog, and since IMHO there are some gems of posts from the past, if they pertain to a current topic of discussion, then they can be linked to provide a more robust, interconnected experience.

Well, the “coolant level” part of the dialog is so pertinent, since I will be dealing with it’s effects when I get home around 5:30.

The house will be an Easy Bake oven.

Forecast is a normal-for-us 90 degrees with escalating humidity throughout the day. So even IF the power is back when I get home, it will take hours to get the temp down.

One fact of living in Central Florida, air conditioning is not optional. Life sucks without it. And in a little cracker box of a house like mine, with no insulation and only 3 windows, it’s really bothersome.

And it’s actually freezing here at work. It will make the house’s temperature seem even more oppressive by comparison.

Yay, looking forward to it…NOT!

BTW, here's a bit-o-trivia about the Incredible Hulk coaster and it's unique "blasted launch" from IOA Central:

The launch is powered by a 2 megawatt generator. If the attraction were to be powered off of Orlando’s power grid, a single launch would black out the city.

So that's what happened this morning!

Damn tourists! ;)