Template Facelift Woes


Experimenting with an updated look to the blog...

Please stand by...

(Why do they say: Please Stand By? Why can't it be simply: Please Wait?)

Looks cleaner and crisper...

What's more, it's been updated to the new Google standards, so I can more frequently and effortlessly change it up every now and again.

I didn't mess with the element widths this time so it's a bit slimmer. For some reason Blogger likes you to have very narrow columns.

Yes, being middle-aged, I had to increase the font size back to it's "medium" setting...the default is small. It would require me to pick up a magnifying glass each time I read my blog for cryin' out loud! (Actually, just checked...can you tell I'm editing this post on the fly...it is "small"...and I am comparing it to the "original" and it is smaller. Well, without those dots and in white on dark blue it seems easier to see...I guess I'll keep it.)

Still, though, probably due to some error when I first messed with the HTML code for the template when I originally set this thing up...after 3 years, I still can't get Post Titles...I have to just select the first line of my post that I want to be the title, make it bold, color it green and save. What a bother! Ugh!

Oh man...

I was checking back to see how the older posts fared with the conversion.

All the images added using Picasa are gone.

I went and edited one and found I could "fix" this by re-uploading pics using the Blogger editor. So I'll have to go through all those 2005 and 2006 posts and fix each one...
one at a time.
(WTF...I tried to put a space between the line above and the line following this 3 times and it won't let me??)
But what about all the pics I don't have anymore?

Namely, all the personalized pictures of a flooded New Orleans in the days following Katrina...remember? Pics of my house, Alicison's house, Jay and Regan's...

Oh the French Bread!...the French Bread!
Ooops...actually, the pictures aren't gone, they're still there. My bad. Never mind:)
Still no new spaces in this post though...
Blogger, are you trying to bust my baguettes?