What's Goin' On...

Remember those overtime hours that were supposed to be for a week or two? Well, they're now mandatory until the end of the year! So many things are wrong with the new license registration and upgrade portal I can't even begin to tell you...and the fixes are slow in coming, but the new problems seem to spring up every day. I feel like we are trying to bail out the sinking "Orca", Quint's ill-fated fishing boat in "Jaws", while the shark keeps ramming us...and all we have are Dixie cups! Maybe I should start singing: "Farewell and adieu, ye fair Spanish ladies..."

Did I tell you Ric bought a 37" Philips "Ambilight" LCD flat panel HDTV? Well he did and it looks fabulous. Built-in speakers seem a little under-dramatic, so he is looking into getting a BOSE sound system for it.

The weird guy that lives in the condo next door seems to have finally left for (let's hope) the season. Last year he was gone all summer and the holidays only to show up around January...but then he stayed thru this summer and fall up until just before T-Day. Odd for what appears to be a snowbirder...

Less then one month now until "L-Day", the day I get my license back. Funny, I just noticed it right now, but since I work in licensing for our company's software, I must type, read and say the word license a gazillion times a day...and in remarking about "L-Day"...that is what I am ultimately working so hard for. True, a different kind of license, but the same word nonetheless.

BTW, I'm at the $5,000 mark in my savings towards a car. Looking at spending around that too, so from here on out, all further savings will be allocated to insurance and anticipated related expenses. Plus, with all these OT dollars, I should still have enough leftover to splurge on that cruise Ric wants to go on.