Waiting For The Bubble To Burst

Throughout this "Koyaanisqatsi" phase of my life I have come close to escaping the downward spiral and was "so sure" that things were "going my way"...most evidently with the "iCare Fiasco". I'll detail more about that in an upcoming "Timeline Of A Mid-Life Crisis a.k.a. The Koyaanisqatsi Years" post.

I am now at a point which emulates a lot of the euphoria of that Fiasco period.

Here are the scary similarities:

Dec. 2003:
Very broke and living on Ric's couch in his little studio in Casselberry having just arrived back from New Orleans with very little money. Ric's patience tested as he is worried I will neglect job opportunities for drinking opportunities and "use" him to gain free room and board.

Mar. 2006:
Living with Ric in Lake Mary and very low on money having "departed" my employment with Convergys. Ric's patience tested as he is worried I will neglect job opportunities for drinking opportunities and "use" him to gain free room and board.

Dec. 2003:
I attend an interview which I didn't anticipate anything positive about and am hired the very same day! It is an easy job, great pay and small-group atmosphere with the promise of a relaxed and opportunity-rich environment.

Mar. 2006:
I attend an interview which I didn't anticipate anything positive about and am hired the very same day! It is an easy job, great pay and small-group atmosphere with the promise of a relaxed and opportunity-rich environment.

The above similarities are eerie. Of course, the iCare affair soon went sour with the introduction of the evil Marilyn into the office, the paranoid schizophrenic Sue flipping out all the time and the deranged Helen faining alleigence but really a dirty rotten spy. So far in the current job, the "drama" has maintained a more normal intensity.

I don't think things will go bad but I didn't think so then either...so I am weary.

But, really, so far everyone at the current job has been either great or fair (Cheryl was just watchin' out for herself, were on great terms now that I'm off her team).

The money is such a nice relief from the sometimes abject poverty of the past few years.

I think I might find Marshall, the new guy, to be a good friend. He is most definately "family" though neither of us has "come out" to each other or, I presume the same in his case, to anyone else in the office...it's funny how people react sometimes to that, even in these "enlightened times". I blame my quick self-outing and open discussion about my sexuality to my co-workers at iCare about some of the mistreatment I underwent there so I am apprhensive to "out" now, in the workplace, unless specifically asked about family make-up (i.e. married, dating, whatever) or "am I or am I not" (the later question is really rare (and kinda bold) but it has happened to me before).

Well, I can only learn from the mistakes that I do admit making in the past, avoid recreating them, and move on...hopefully "up".

Time will tell, but if I am made "perm" in June and my personal mindset about the job is favorable as it is now...I may declare the end of Koyaanisqatsi!

(Or should it wait 'till my slimmed-down, in-shape firm asscheeks are snuggly in the driver's seat of my new car?)

cue the music...."Back in the Saddle" by Aerosmith