Cookie Crumbs

First off, just want to mention...blogger's dating system on posts got screwed up somehow last month and the previous post (FLASHBACK June 1982) was really written and published November 19th. But for some reason it got date stamped as November 19, 2006. So when I tried to post after that date it was positioned behind that post instead of in front of it. So, I copied it, republished a couple days ago and deleted the incorrectly dated entry. What a pain. Hope that was just a one-time thing.

Well, became re-employed today. Hired at the company I mentioned a couple days ago but the start date isn't until January 4. Ric knows and though I stated I would still pay him January rent, looks like it will be a tad late.

Also, got a callback from the Mother Job (the most preferred of the ones I submitted my resume towards). It would be back in management (where I belong after all, let's face it) and starts at a decent 38-42K/yr. I completed one interview with the temp agency rep that coordinates new hires and am awaiting a "personality test" email to complete and return as well as a callback if selected as one of the top 5 candidates for one of the 3 open positions. I won't mention the company 'cause one never knows who accesses sites randomly but suffice it to say it is at their international headquarters located just a mile or 2 away in a gorgeously impressive building on a lavishly laid out campus, oozing corporate wealth and prestige. (They have a few "lakes" on the property, one, front and center as you face the main entrance is so large it has 2 tree studded islands). Very swank. And that's saying a lot in this town where each corporate site tends to have their curving flowerbank trimmed drives, magnolia, live oak and sable palm tree shaded parking lots, sweeping ultra-manicured lawns dotted with numerous ponds, themselves accompanied by jetting fountains. Ah, Lake Mary/Heathrow....the capitalist garden of eden. (Hey, John Travolta lives here so it better look good, dammit!)

Had hot dogs and beans for dinner (I know, how ghetto! But yummy!). Why do people boil the hot dogs in one pan and heat up the canned baked beans in another? I cooked both together in the same pot. Came out great! I should be a TV chef on Food Network.

I can see it now..."Ghetto Fabulous Cookin' With Chef Mike".

I could feature such classics as my Tortilla Soup....(throw lots of leftovers in a pot, add water, a pack or two of raman noodles, a can of cream style corn, a jar of salsa, and wha la, Tortilla Soup!)

Or one of my mom's favs...boil extra fine egg noodles, drain, add margarine, canned condensed tomato soup and cottage cheese...yum!

How about "Shit on the Shingles", taught to me by my great aunt (ma tante) Mable...fry ground beef in skillet, add flour and water to make a gravy (although I use gravy mix), serve on top of toast (I use rice or mashed potatoes).

I got a million of them, maybe I should post my "ghetto chef" resume on monster.com? Hmmm.