Fasten Your Seatbelts, Boys...It's Gonna Be A Bumpy Night!

Well, Ric just got in, and, as predicted, he is totally wasted. But does he call it a night and go to bed? Noooo. Does he decide to play it safe now and sip a few of his Coors Lights he has in the fridge? Noooo. He has a cab waiting for him downstairs since he is gonna continuing the Party Of One ('cause he's so fucked up that's all it will be) at the Parlaiment House.

As long as I've known Ric (about 8 years now?), he has fostered quite a reputation at the Orlando area gay bars. P-House is one of the few remaining that will tolerate him. He's been banned by more than a couple gay and "straight" bars. When I first went clubbing with him a few years back one of my friends scooted up to me when Ric was in the restroom and told me he's known as a trouble maker in the community. Just a few years ago, a friend from my then workplace who was gay, after meeting Ric told me he had once seen him at a leather/Levi bar get into a heated argument with another patron. The guy got so pissed at Ric, he walked up to the dart board, pulled out a dart and threw it at Ric while Ric's back was turned. Ric was apparantly so drunk he didn't even feel the dart which had logged in the back of his neck. It stayed stuck there for a few minutes until it finally fell out on it's own, all the while several other patron's, who had witnessed how much of a jerk Ric was being, laughed at him behind his back.

To keep the reader up to speed, Ric is not my boyfriend, we have never had an attraction for each other sexually, and I have no desire to ever attempt a move in that direction. Up until 2003, in fact, I had a lot of reservations about even being close friends with him. But a lot has happened to both of us in the past few years, for myself, I regard my situation as that of a state of koyaanisquatsi, life out of balance. For Ric, I don't think he really has ever been in anything but a state of koyaanisquatsi. For Ric, his tool of choice to "clear the cobwebs" of his state of being, kinda like the degauss button clears the built up misaligned magnetic fields in a CRT monitor, is booze. For me it has been the same as well but I feel the days are numbered for that self-destructive path and I'm hoping other means of escapism or expression, like this blog, can help achieve results to that desired effect, yet a hell of a lot more healthy.

At times I feel sorry for Ric, but other times feel he does look for it and thus gets what he deserves.

I expect in a few hours, after the bar closes (or earlier if he gets thrown out), he'll come stumbling in. I'll be assleep by then hopefully and the condo is big enough end soundproofed enough so I shouldn't be too bothered by his moaning and wailing while soaking the wee morning hours away upstairs in his bathtub. It's very nice to have bedrooms and adjoining baths on different floors. I will be thankful for it tonight.