Goodbye, Dolly

Or, more accurately, "Have you seen Dolly, 'cause I haven't?"

For some odd reason, when preparing my loose agenda for my little 4 day staycation this past weekend, I made a mental note to be sure to attend the performance of "Hello, Dolly!" at Rollins College on Sunday. The problem was, it was Saturday, not Sunday.

So while I made my way to Oviedo Mall Regal Cinemas on Saturday to watch the 2:05 pm showing of "10 Cloverfield Lane," I should have been arriving on the Winter Park campus of Rollins College for the 2:00 pm showing of the live musical I'd already paid for. For the movie I used one of my free Regal cinema tickets but I actually lost 22 dollars...the cost of the "Hello, Dolly!" ticket.

Ouch.

This brain fart kinda fuck up is becoming more and more common lately. I think it's because I'm so pre-occupied with my sobriety phase. (Yeah, the latest one. Dashed a 10-day streak by "imbibing" on Friday but quickly got back on the horse and have been clean for four days now. Woo hoo.)

The doctor increased my Wellbutrin to 300mg a day recently so that seems to make me a bit ADD as well, but I really think it's mild alcohol withdrawals.

I may as well continue with the recent updates since I seem to be drifting that way...

I finally did it. I closed my Facebook account. I'd already whittled my "friends" down to just 19 anyway and deleted almost all content from my timeline and photo albums. Twitter and Instagram are still active but I haven't contributed to either in years and I never check out anyone I used to follow anymore. I'm so anti-social media.

Ric texted and called me once he found out he wasn't connected to me on Facebook anymore. He wasn't sure if I'd closed the account or specifically blocked him. I didn't return the text or voicemail. I see no reason. It takes too long for him to "get the hint" that our friendship is effectively dissolved. No bad feelings on my end...I just don't see the use. He's so into himself all the time and cares little about details of my life, I'm sure he'll soon get over it.

Works okay. Just chugging along. Doing a bit more work than in the past now that I essentially do half the Med Manager paperwork but it's good busy work. Mookie's replacement Mikisha lasted only a few weeks...she just left a couple weeks ago. Now this new girl Tosha is alright but she isn't the go-getter self-initiative type like Mikisha and Mookie were. She plays the disappearing act for hours at a pop game. Ugh, I hope it doesn't lead down that rabbit hole.

So it seems that actually a few other goodbyes are in order if we include beer, Facebook, Ric and work-downtime.

Ah well, to all "good" things come an end.